Creating a “Church-Ninja” Package is a fun, easy, and pretty inexpensive way to remind the children of your community of faith that you’re thinking of them this summer.
- Church Ninja Instructions
- Church Ninja Letter Template
- Colouring Sheets – 2020 Church Ninja Pkg
- LBC Neighbourhood Bingo
How Does it Work?
The concept is basically to create a treasure box of fun activities and items, and then secretly drop it off at the homes of the kids in your congregation . It’s pretty straight-forward stuff – just think of a wine/book ninja adapted for church kids.
Have fun with it! Invite members of the congregation to fill the boxes and make the Ninja-deliveries! It’s probably best to let the parents/adults know that a package is coming, but try to keep it a secret from the kids!
Greeting Message from the Church Ninja
- Personalise the message with the child’s name, community of faith, and contact info for ministry and/or volunteer leaders.
- Template is included, but feel free to change or create your own.
Treasure Box Container
- Depending on budget, the Treasure Chest could be a purchased box or simply a decorated shoebox.
- Just remember to personalize the box with the child’s na me!
Considerations for Contents (pics below):
- Sidewalk Chalk (3-4 sticks)
- Sticker page
- Hot Wheels Car
- Rubber Band Bracelets
- Neighbourhood Walk Bingo – pdf (courtesy of Lumsden Beach Camp)
- Colouring Sheets – pdf (copyright-free images only)
- Other creative ideas….?
All contents purchased at local dollar store. Approx. cost per treasure box is below:
Wood box (w. latch): $4
Hot Wheels: $1.50
Sidewalk Chalk: $0.50
Bottle of Bubbles: $0.35
Sticker Sheet: $0.25
Face Mask: $0.35
Rubber Band Bracelets: $0.35
Total: $4.80 (not including the wooden box)