We are currently looking for people for the opportunities listed below. We invite you to consider whether you might feel called to some of this work within the wider church. We also invite you to consider whether you might know others who would be a good fit for one of these roles, and encourage you to share this information with them.
If you are interested in further information about these opportunities, you are welcome to contact the Nominations Committee anytime at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to put your name forward for consideration for one of these roles, please click here for the Nominations form.
- The Regional Council Executive – two more members (3-year terms). Among other tasks, the Executive implements decisions taken by the Regional Council, deals with unfinished business from the Regional Council, establishes a budget for the Regional Council, oversees the work of committees, task groups, and other bodies established by the Regional Council, receives regular reports from commissions, and more. One of these positions is open now, and one will be open in June.
- The Regional Gathering Planning Committee – two more member (3-year terms). This committee plans all aspects of the Regional Council gathering, including local arrangements, registration, budget, guests, communications, theme, music, recognition of retirees, and worship including the Service of Praise. One of these positions is open now, and one will be open in June. We are hoping one of these new members will chair this committee.
- Convenor of the Regional Gathering – one person (1-year term). This person will preside at the Regional Gathering and represent the Region within its geographic bounds. This person will also become a member of the Regional Gathering Planning Committee, and will become a corresponding member of the Living Skies Regional Council Executive.
- The Property Commission – one more member (3-year term). This Commission oversees and makes decisions on various property-related matters in our Region. This Commission meets primarily electronically or by telephone, and sometimes needs to meet on short notice.
- The Nominations Committee – three more members (3-year terms). This committee gathers a slate of nominations for the officers of the Regional Council and its executive, commissions, committees, task groups, steering committees, or teams. It also provides nominations for unexpected vacancies or new positions which occur during the year.
- The Grants Committee – two more members (3-year terms). This committee receives and reviews applications for Mission Support grants and regional Grants and makes recommendations to the Living Skies Regional Council Executive on these applications. These positions will both be open in June.
- The Committee on Ministry Personnel Leadership Support – two more members. The focus of this committee is to “encourage and support Ministry Personnel toward health, joy and excellence in ministry practise.” These positions are three-year terms. One position is open now, and one will be open in June.
- The Committee on Lay Leadership Support – one more member (3-year term). The focus of this committee is to “provide ongoing leadership training for lay people.” This position will be open in June.
- The Committee on Community of Faith Support – one more member (3-year term). The focus of this committee is to support Communities of Faith in their life and work. Experience with current pastoral oversight process or sexual misconduct prevention and response is an asset.
- Affirming Process Task Group – one more member. This group of six people will be asked to design and propose a process through which our Regional Council might consider becoming an Affirming Region.
- Pastoral Relations Liaisons – we are working with the Pastoral Relations Commission to help find folks from across our Regional Council to serve as Pastoral Relations Liaisons. The liaisons are a bridge between communities of faith and the Regional Council, touching base with a community of faith or ministry personnel in times such as discussions about the pastoral relationship, changes in pastoral relations, creating a community of faith profile, or throughout the search process. Support is provided by the Pastoral Relations Minister and Pastoral Relations Commission.